Yes, just after 1 year of development, and a couple of big projects developed with it, the DelphiMVCFramework has been published as OpenSource.
The project is on google code svn https://code.google.com/p/delphimvcframework/
I’ll talk about it at ITDevCon2013 (http://www.itdevcon.it)
In the trunk there are many samples and I’m planning to put many others.
Main DMVCFramework features
- RESTful (RMM Level 3) compliant
- Server side generated pages using eLua (Embedded Lua)
- Messaging extension using STOMP (tested with Apache Apollo and Apache ActiveMQ)
- Can be used in load balanced environment using memcached (memcached.org)
- Fancy URL with parameter mappings
- Integrated RESTClient
- Works with XE4 and XE5 (tested, but should works also on XE3 and XE2)
- Experimental support for IOCP
- Simple, but very very simple, to use…
It contains also a lot of indipendent code that can be used in other kind of projects.
These are the most notable:
- Mapper (convert JSON <=> Object, ObjectList <=> JSONArray, ObjectLists <=> DataSets)
- LuaBinding (integrate Lua script into Delphi native code)
- LuaTextFilter (convert eLua into plain Lua executable script just like JSP)
Currently DMVCFramework use Embarcadero WebBroker framework, but is not tied to it. I’m working on a version that use IOCP (that is 10 times faster than plain WebBroker) and other web libraries for Delphi.
Code is enough stable and is already used in big production system.
There are a couple of bugs that affect WebBroker and so, DMVCFramework.
In our system, I’ve applied some patches to solve these problems. If you need those patches, ask me (I cannot publish the full code because it is Embarcadero licensed code).
The bugs are:
And another bug that affect also DataSnap and TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge based projects.
Code is tested on XE4 and XE5 but should works also on XE3 and XE2.